Playmaking is the act of transforming work through play. It’s play with a purpose, what we call “Deliberate Play”. It’s a simple idea that requires a desire for fun, great courage and respect for people.
Since Play is a serious business, we’ve created our very own Playmakers’ Play Manifesto.
Portia the Playmaker
I’m an Agile Coach-Consultant, Storyteller and Playmaker. I’m passionate about realising human potential, both among the teams I work with and in myself. For the past 7 years, I’ve experimented with many models, tools and techniques. While some have worked better than others, there is one that works every time. One that opens people’s hearts and minds like no other. And that is Play.
My friends and colleagues (aka my tribe) call me the Playmaker because of my passion for the practice and science of Play. If loving what you do and doing what you love is what gets you out of bed every morning, come visit often and play!
Where I play
- www.selfishprogramming.org – A blog where I share my adventures as an Agile Coach
- www.agilefairytales.org – Games for teams who want to live happily ever after
- www.agilecoach.net – Games for teams who want to improve through play
More Fun and Games
- www.tastycupcakes.org – Fuel for invention and learning
- www.innovationgames.com – Serious games for market research
- www.seriousplay.com – Serious Play through Lego